2009-03-17

Where a Kid Can Be Set Tripping, Yo

Some of the fondest memories of my university days involve hanging out at the Chuck E. Cheese on the Burnaby/Coquitlam frontier. We didn’t hang there because we were six years old in university or anything, but because the pizza was cheap, the video games were cheaper, and the Burnaby/Coquitlam frontier being what it was in the mid-80s there actually weren’t a whole hell of a lot of other arcades around. (If you’re one of these young kids today, an arcade was like an X-Box, but with a building around it.)

I tripped across the following today and was… entertained, i guess?

I particularly love the line where the police captain says “There's a biker bar down the street, and we rarely get calls there.”

I liked slightly less the line “Amid pressure from local politicians, some Chuck E. Cheese's have stopped serving alcohol and added security guards who carry pistols.”

I love all my American friends dearly. But you need to move. Seriously. Like, right now.