2009-07-26

Back At It

A confession. I apparently have a really high pain threshold, such that even though i’m an abject coward and hate experiencing pain, things i inadvertently do that cause pain don’t bother me very much or for very long. As such, i’ve always felt a mildly condescending attitude toward people who say they’ve put their back out and act like that’s the end of the world, quietly wondering to myself how bad it could possibly be, and why don’t they just suck it up, et al.

I haven’t posted anything here for three weeks because about three weeks ago, i put my back out for the very first time ever. Three weeks of unable-to-move heating pad bed-rest while tripling-dosing muscle relaxants, ibuprofen, and acetaminophen (after checking with the proper authorities that the latter two are compatible for such stuff with no risk of kidney-destroying overdose, as they affect different pain pathways), and i scoff no longer.