Play It

As has been discussed earlier, i rarely remember my dreams, and so when i do, it’s cause for celebration and noting them here in order to create the illusion that i matter in some inconceivable way.

I dreamt that a good friend from back in the day (Dave) had been here to the house, and upon departing had made mention of leaving something for me, in a kind of smiling “You’ll have to find it on your own” way. Eventually, i discovered that he’d left a videotape sitting in my VCR (yes, i still have a VCR, even out of the dream). I played the videotape. It was something he had taped off TV years ago, complete with the old scan lines and occasional drop outs attesting to its age. On the tape,  J.P. Patches and H.R. Pufnstuf were recreating the late-night “Of all the gin joints” scene from Casablanca. J.P. Patches was Rick, of course.

No, i don’t know what it means.