2014-01-30

Living the Dream

I was editing last night until just before I crashed and went to bed. So naturally, I spent all night dreaming that I was editing.

In the dream, I was still doing the editing I’d actually been doing before crashing and going to bed, so that in the dream, I had just continued to edit a little bit more without going to bed.

At one point in the dream, I looked up to see the time, and realized that I’d worked completely through the night. It was now 6:30 a.m., giving me exactly one hour to sleep before I had to get up and start editing again.

But then in the dream, I realized that I was dreaming, and that I hadn’t actually worked all night. So in the dream, I made a blog posting talking about how I’d been editing just before I crashed and went to bed, then spent all night dreaming that I was editing, then realized I was only dreaming.

I now have absolutely no idea whether I’m awake or not.