A Personal Thing

So this is a bit of a personal thing.

I know that everyone on the Internet stays totally on top of British Columbia's political affairs, but for those few who need the update — we're in the middle of a teachers' strike here. It's a nasty strike, driven by our provincial premier's hate-on for our education system and her love of tearing up public-sector union contracts. (For my American associates, think Wisconsin governor Scott Walker in drag.)

This strike is affecting me on a personal level because my wife is a teacher (and an amazing one, though that's beside the point), and I know how much it hurts her to not be in her classroom for the start of school for the first time in twenty-seven years. The strike is also affecting me on a personal level because our household income is taking a hit as a result of my wife and teachers across BC standing up for our education system and the kids it serves. We're not in any kind of trouble yet, and my own work continues to go well, and as a full-time self-employed creative type, I have a longstanding and prosperous relationship with our line of credit. But given that I prefer to avoid trouble before it happens whenever possible, I'm looking to keep my own side of the household income as robust as I can.

The reason I'm bringing this up is that in addition to the RPG work that I think most people tripping across this site know me for, I write books. They're good books, or so I've been told by those who read them. They're fantasy and SF, and are available in all sorts of places, and if you had any inclination to check them out, now would be a most awesome time.