My 2014 Year in Review

I watched both the daughters officially leave home, and wallowed in my subsequent nervous breakdown and sense of having no purpose in life.

I got asked to edit a massive whack of D&D 5th Edition (all three core books plus “The Rise of Tiamat”), and realized I might still have a purpose in life after all.

I finished two novels I’d been working on for a while.

I wrote another novel that should be out fairly soon.

I read a lot of books.

I watched a lot of movies.

I watched some good TV.

I edited a number of novels for some really cool writers.

I read and reviewed a bunch of screenplays from some equally cool writers.

I watched a whole bunch of friends and people I’ve worked with launch and expand some massively cool creative endeavors.

After a long period of fits and starts, I finally dug into full-on development of a new game I can’t talk about yet.

I got my yellow belt in shotokan-ryu.

I wrote a lot of words about imaginary places.

I drew a lot of maps. Like, seriously, a lot of maps.

I spent another 365 days in the company of the most amazing woman in the world.

• • •

All things being equal, 2015 has its work cut out for it if it wants to measure up.